Text marketing or SMS marketing is an emerging form of advertising. There are hundreds of potential reasons text message marketing may be right for your business. Each business is unique and has individualized marketing needs. Even among restaurants or retail, the strategy or reasons for starting a text campaign is slightly different. Differences aside there are some basic tenants that turn more business owners to this form of marketing every month.
Here are ten reasons why your business should use text marketing:
- Your customers only leave home with three things: Their car keys, purse or wallet and their cell phone. Text marketing ensures your message reaches your customers no matter where they are.This lets you speak to your potential customers in a one on one manner that is unmatched by other advertising.
- The time to market is immediate. No more waiting for ad copy to be proofed. Weeks for new campaigns to be designed. You can begin a new campaign from creation to deliver in a few minutes.
- Just the customers who have a positive relationship with you and want to do more business with you will receive your message. You only pay to market to customers who have opted-in to receive offers from you because they have given you permission to send them material.
- Text message marketing is effective and produces a redemption rate anywhere from 20% to 70%. Compare that to print, TV, radio or direct mail which averages 1.5%.
- Over 90% of text messages sent are opened and read by your customers in 15 minutes. No other advertising medium has that relationship with the consumer. Text message ads engage the consumer in a way that makes them look forward too more offers from you.
- Text advertising is cost efficient and produces the highest rate of return for you advertising dollar. Text messages sent cost only pennies a piece, compared to direct mail pieces that can cost over $1.00.
- Text marketing delivers your message with no filler. Just give the customer what they want, short and direct and they will respond. Text messages are capped 160 characters and give your customers a reason to do business with you without having to decipher what your ad actually is about.
- Text marketing allows you to measure the results and scope of your other advertising. Place a text to action on your direct mail, newspaper, radio or TV ads and you will know that day which advertising is reaching your target market and which is not producing a return on your investment.
- It is a highly targeted form of advertising. You can target your campaigns to specific customers to produce higher redemption rates and build lists that will produce immediate sales every time you send a new text advertisement to them.
- Text marketing or SMS marketing uses the latest technology customers have, their cell phones. Customers like the feeling of being involved with something new and exciting and will respond accordingly. By taking advantage of new mobile advertising opportunities you are separating yourself from your competitors it says your business is moving forward and staying ahead.
The benefits to text message marketing are very effective at increasing your sales, saving you money and time. Mobile growth will continue to grow. Customer acceptance grows as well as the number of text messages begin sent monthly. You must begin before your competition does and steals your customers onto their list. Imagine if you were the first business into email, Google or Facebook? If you have tried other marketing methods and the just don’t seem to be as effective anymore, it may be time to consider text message marketing for your business.